Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning FAQ
- How Do I Protect Carpets from Stains and Damage? Scotchgard is an excellent product for protecting your carpet, liquids can often be wiped up without penetrating the fabric.
- How Do You Clean The Carpet Pad Underneath the Carpet? Professional carpet cleaning is one of the only ways to remove stains and odors from the underlying carpet pad.
- What Are The Cleaning Solutions for Pet Stains? We love our dogs and cats even when they damage carpets with their accidents. With high pressure steam, deodorizers and disinfectants we can revitalize even the worst pet stained carpet. All chemicals we use are biodegradable and safe for pets and children.
- How To Keep Carpets Clean as Possible Until Next Professional Cleaning – It is recommended to take off shoes before entering a carpeted room. Using carpet runners or mats in high traffic areas can really help too.
- What Do I Do After A Stain Has Set? It is best to clean a spill right away. If a stain has already set and you are unable to get it out yourself, call us, you can ask for an estimate on spot cleaning just in case the entire carpet does not require cleaning.
- What Are The Hardest Types of Carpets To Clean? High shag carpets are harder to clean than medium and low profile carpets. Higher pile carpets also take much longer to dry after being steam cleaned.
- How To Prepare Furniture For Cleaning – No preparations have to be made before we arrive to clean furniture, we can take care of all your furniture cleaning needs.
- Protecting Furniture After Carpet Cleaning – Furniture blocks are recommended to keep furniture off the freshly cleaned carpets, please ask us about furniture blocks.
- Is it Recommended to Have Carpet Cleaned Regularly? We strongly recommend regular cleanings instead of waiting until your carpet is visibly dirty, your carpet will stay fresher and healthier for you and your family. We compare carpet cleaning to washing your clothes, ideally, clothes get washed regularly to preserve the look, hygiene and longevity of the fabric.
- What To Expect from A Professional Carpet Cleaning – You can expect friendly and knowledgeable customer service, we do carpet cleaning and spot removal with a smile. We can also offer professional recommendations about your specific cleaning needs.
- How Much Does Professional Carpet Cleaning Cost? Our prices are both reasonable and competitive, please contact us for a free estimate.
- What Kind of Chemicals, Cleaners and Machines Are Used to Professionally Clean Carpets? Go green chemicals, biodegradable chemicals and high steam truck mount cleaning systems are used.
- Should Stained Areas be Pre-Cleaned Before Professional Carpet Cleaners Arrive? There is no need to pre-soak, or, pre-clean any areas before our arrival. We actually prefer that you do not attempt to remove the stain before our arrival. If you do attempt to remove a stain before the professional carpet cleaners arrive, please use low-foam, non-sudsy (or soapy) cleaners as they can be difficult to remove.
Call Now: 510-575-2640
Tatum’s Carpet Cleaning gets the job done right the first time!